Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

OK, it's time to finish the mirror on the vanity. Today I stain it and, hopefully, glue the mirror in place.  I have ordered lined mirror clips (HARD TO LOCATE) on Amazon, thanks to a "can find anything" doctor I work with.  If you need to know ANYTHING, just tell him and if he doesn't already know....he will find out for you before day's end!  Love it.

So, I have the frame all sanded.  I realize I did not need to be so complete in my sanding here, as most of this would be covered by the mirror.... but I could not bring myself not to be thorough and perfectionistic in this area.  Perhaps because it's an area I can control and be perfectionistic in?  Other areas of my life I just say, "Eh...close enough!" 

These are the before and after shots.  I will put on the stain today, go to my grandson's first flag football game, then return to glue the mirror.  I have decided to leave the scrape spots on the mirror backing alone.  I do not want to go thru the hassle of taking it to be re-silvered, and I think it adds a little character. Check back later to see my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment